K12 Engineering Resources for Families, Students and Educators
STEM Resources for COVID-19
Messages From our Community Partners
Ready to Apply to UNM?
- Explore the great opportunities UNM Engineering has to offer
- Incoming Freshman Engineering Scholarships
- Additional information for transfer students
- Transfer Student Scholarships
Want a tour of School of Engineering or UNM?
- More information is available here.
New Student Orientation (NSO)
Camps for High School Students
- Engineering Summer Academy: 4-week no-cost, paid stipend day program June 8- July 3, 2020
- Summer Transportation Institute: 3-week no-cost residential program July 12 - 31, 2020
- Nuclear Engineering Camp: 2-week residential camp July 18 - August 1, 2020
- ESSC Summer Programs
Programs for Teachers
- Computer Science Professional Development Week for New Mexico Teachers: June 1-5, 2020
- Energy Professional Development Days: Dates TBD
High School Summer Internships
K-12 Engineering Activities
Looking for engaging engineering projects and activities to keep your kids busy?
Click here for a list of resources and projects to try at home.
Learn more about the additional resources available during this time such as meal pickup information/site locations, internet information, and APS information.
K-12 Outreach: Try Engineering Now!
All Ages STEAM Events
We host all kinds of science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics events year-round on campus, and we participate in lots of hands-on STEAM celebrations in the community as well. View the calendar to see what’s happening this month!
Selected Dual Enrollment Engineering Classes
Start your college career early! Dual enrollment classes are free to many high school students throughout the state.
- General Information about Dual Enrollment at UNM
- Electrical and Computer Engineering 131: Programming Fundamentals at the ASK Academy
- ENG 195-001, Intro to Water Resources
- Mechanical Engineering 160L Mechanical Engineering Design I (introduction to engineering graphics, the design process and computer aided design). For information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer Science 108L CS108L: Introduction to Computer Science and Modeling