To stay updated with the latest information on COVID-19, please visit http://www.unm.edu/coronavirus/.
Fall 2020: The ESS Center is open for brief consultations Monday through Friday from 9 am - 12 pm and 1 - 4 pm. You can also schedule a virtual meeting with any of our area experts Monday through Friday from 8 am - 5 pm.
Need an outdoor space to study?
The following is an update on the Stamm Room and the ESS area for the start of the Fall semester:
- Stamm Room: CLOSED and being utilized for mask production and sterilization process until further notice.
- ESS Center Study Room and Computer Lab - CLOSED for student access at the moment. All TUTORING will be conducted REMOTELY this semester and a schedule will be posted in our website shortly. However, we are reviewing the possibility of opening some ESS larger areas by appointment in the future and for controlled/short periods of time due to safety precautions.
- ESS Center (in CEC 2080) will be accessible for students' brief consultations starting Monday, August 17 from 9am-12pm and 1-4pm, with limited in-person staff on hand. ALL appointments (scholarship and financial aid meetings, internship/coop information, mentoring information, engineering tours, etc.) will be conducted virtually via phone or zoom. However, for staff/faculty members, there will be someone in the office during regular business hours (8am-12pm and 1 to 5pm).
- CEC 1st floor classrooms (Auditorium, 1026, 1028, 1030, 1032) are controlled by the UNM scheduling office, and they are evaluating and deciding on their usage and accessibility.
Open computer labs on campus
1. K-12 Resources
Looking for engaging engineering projects to keep your kids busy?
2. UNM based resources:
- Handshake - access to your next career. https://career.unm.edu/jobs-internships/Handshake_jobs/what-is-handshake.html
- Virtual Activities by UNM Student Activities. https://sac.unm.edu/
- UNM Campus Lobo Food Pantry - FoodDistribution. Mondays from 1:30 pm until supplies run out. https://loborespect.unm.edu/services/campus-lobo-food-pantry.html
- You can sign up to volunteer to help distribute food HERE.
3. Rent resources:
According to Mayor Tim Keller’s office, the city’s Health and Social Service Centers distribute money to people who cannot pay their rent. Donations – made via checks written to FCS Health and Social Services can be mailed to any of the following locations:
-Alamosa Health & Social Service Center, 6900 Gonzales SW, Albuquerque, NM 87121
-Los Griegos Health & Social Service Center, 1231 Candelaria NW, Albuquerque, NM 87107
-John Marshall Health & Social Service Center, 1500 Walter SE, Albuquerque, NM 87102-East Central Health & Social Service Center, 7525 Zuni SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108
4. COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Communities: Available through THIS Google Spreadsheet.
5. UNM Student Financial Aid: https://unm-student.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch
6. National Graduate Student Helpline (877) 472-3457
7. Mental Health Resources
If you or a loved one is in need of mental health resources during this trying time, we recommend reaching out to the following organizations:
Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Suicide Prevention Lifeline (Spanish): 1-888-628-9454
Suicide Prevention Lifeline (Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Hearing Loss): 1- 800-799-4889
Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
Trevor Lifeline (for LGBTQ youth): 1-866-488-7386
Trevor Text: Text START to 678678
Veterans and Service Members Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255, Press 1
Veterans and Service Members Text Line: Text to 838255
Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)’s National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357) -- available 24/7 in English and Spanish.
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Crisis Text Line - Text NAMI to 741741
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) - online support groups
8. From NM Senator Padilla:
- Food Access Hotline: 800-432-2080
- Online Aging and Long Term Services: Information
- Information Line: (505) 827-0300
- Online Help For Affected Businesses: Information