*Please note that ESS will not be accepting applications for the following scholarships*
Other Useful Scholarship Sites
- For more undergraduate and graduate fellowship opportunities, visit Pro Fellow website.
- Scholarships for Women
- Scholarships for Undocumented students
- Scholarships for Girl Scouts in NM
- Scholarships for NM residents
- Porch $2000 Skilled Trade and Technology Scholarship
- Spring Contest Cycle: April 17-July 17
- Summer Contest Cycle: July 18-October 14
- Fall Contest Cycle: October 15-January 15
- Winter Contest Cycle: January 16-April16
- Generation Google Scholarship. DUE SOON! Deadline is December 4th, 2020 11:59pm Pacific Time.
- The Generation Google Scholarship was established to help aspiring students purising computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field. The Generation Google Scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate's commitment to diversify, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance. The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and we strongly encourage students that identify with groups historically excluded from the technology industry, including Women, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, to apply.
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university or college in the United States or Canada for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrate strong academic record and financial need.
- Selected students will receive $10,000 USD (those studying in the US) or $5,000 CAD (those studying in Canada)
- DOE Scholars Program. Deadline is January 4, 2021, 11:59 Eastern Time.
- Stipends starting at $600 per week for undergraduates and $650 for graduate students and post graduates during the internship period
- Limited travel reimbursement to/from assigned location
- U.S. Citizen
- Be an undergraduate, graduate student, or recent graduate of an accredited institution of higher education majoring in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and related areas
- Must be pursuing a degree or have received a degree within 5 years of their starting degree in a science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) discipline or have demonstrated interest or experience in a STEM field that supports the DOE mission
- How to Apply
- Applications and supporting materials must be submitted here.
- For more information, see the flyer or visit the website.
High School Scholarship Opportunities
- International High School Essay Contest.Deadline is November 14, 2020
- This contest will give four awards ($5,000, $3,000, $2,000, $1,000). The contest is open to all college-bound, high school seniors. The essay must be original and 700-750 words in length. Click the contest title for submission details and more information.
- Generation Google Scholarship. DUE SOON! Deadline is December 4th, 2020 11:59pm Pacific Time.
- For incoming freshman, intending to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university or college in the United States or Canada for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- See information above!.
- UNM College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP)
- Minimum of $5,200 in financial help
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- First-time freshman & attend UNM full-time for the 2021-2022 school year
- Demonstrate financial need
- One of the following three statements must apply to you:
- Have you, or at least one immediate family member spent a minimum of 75 days during the past 24 months as a migrant or seasonal farmworker?
- Or- Are you eligible to participate, or have participated, in a Migrant Education Program (K-12) while in school
- Or- Are you eligible to participate, or have participated, in a National Farmworker Job Program or Department of Employment Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Contact: email@example.com for more information or questions.
Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships Opportunities Calendar
|Ron Brown Scholarship Program (postmarked deadline)||January 9th||Undergrad||Must be Black/African American, US citizen or hold permanent resident visa card. Must be a high school senior at the time of application|
|GEM Fellowship||January 15th||Undergrad and grad||There are 2 programs: MS Engineering program and PhD program. For MS program: must be a senior or graduate at the time of application. US Citizen or permanent resident|
|Center for International Security and Cooperation (CISAC) Fellowship Program||January 15, 2021||Grad||Applicants from academia (pre- or postdoctoral scholars) and mid-career professionals in law, military, government, science, policy or international organizations.|
|AIAA Scholarships||January 31st||Undergrad and grad|
|L'Oreal USA for Women in Science Program||January 31st||Grad||Must have a conferred PhD and have started postdoctoral research position|
|AAAS Diverse Voices in Science Journalism Internships||February 1st||Undergrad||Have an interest in science writing|
|AIS Scholarship||February 1st||Undergrad and Grad||Deadline for Spring scholarship. Must be at least 1/4 enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Native American Tribe|
|Nuclear Nonproliferation International Safeguards Graduate Fellowship (NNIS)||February 15th, 2021||Grad|
Fellows receive a monthly stipend of no more than $2,500. Fellows will also receive an additional Dislocation Allowance of $600 per month (prorated) while on a practicum assignment.
Fellowship is open to all U.S Citizens about to enroll in or currently enrolled in a qualified course of study at a participating university with at least one full year of graduate work remaining at the beginning of September 2021.
|Hispanic Scholarship Fund||February 15th||High school seniors, undergrad, grad|
Must be of Hispanic heritage
|Entry Point Program||February 15th||Undergrad and Grad||Must be a US citizen|
|Gertrude M. Cox Scholarship||February 23rd||Grad||Limited to women who are US Citizens or permanent residents and who are admitted to full-time study in graduate stastics program.|
|Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship Fund||February 27th||Undergrad||Must be a woman age 35 or older, low-income, US citizen of permanent resident, pursuing associate's or 1st bacelor's degree.|
|American Association of University Women (AAWU)||February 28th||Grad|
For a Santa Fe County woman resident who is admitted into the graduate program at UNM. Short essay about yourself (more information on the website) and application should be sent to:
|National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) Scholarships||March 1st||High school and Undergrad|
NSPE member and US Citizen
|American Society of Heating, Refridgerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Graduate Student Grant-in-Aid Program||March 1st||Grad|
Must be involved with ASHRAE
|California Council on Science and Technology||March 1st||Grad|
Must be a PhD student
|Udall Undergraduate Scholarship||March 5th||Undergrad|
Udall faculty representative can give you access to the application. Representatives and their contact information are available on the site
|NASA Summer 2020 Internships||March 8th||Undergrad and Grad||Deadline for summer internship. (Fall 2020 deadline is July 6th)|
|AWIS Kirsten R. Lorentzen Award||March 15th||Undergrad||Must be female students in sophomore or junior year who are majoring in physics, including space physics and geophysics or geoscience.|
|Ayen Tunca Memorial||March 15th||Undergrad||Must be female students majoring in STEM, US Citiznes or permanent residents, and undergraduate members of the SPS national organization.|
|Sabrina Single Mother's Scholarship||March 20th||Undergrad and Grad||Undergraduate or Graduate single mothers at UNM|
|Women in Technology Scholarship||March 22nd||Undergrad||Must be active, full-time undergraduate students in accredited US, Canadian, or Mexican college/university. Must also be a freshman, sophomore, or junior in STEM and identify as women.|
|Association of Dam Safety Officials Scholarship||March 31st (postmarked)||Undergrad||Must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in hydraulics, hydrology or geotechnical disciplines, or in another discipline related to the design, construction and operation of dams|
|ICPSR Diversity Scholarship||March 31st||Grad||Students accepted into graduate program. Sscholarship is to enable students to acquire additional preparation in quantitative analysis with the objective of improving academic performance and optimizing their professional advancement.|
|HENAAC Scholarships||April 1st||Undergrad and Grad||Must have Hispanic background and have GPA of 3.0 or greater|
|1000 Dreams Scholarship||April 1st||Undergrad||This scholarship provides one-time educational assistance for currently enrolled high school or college-aged women throughout the US. Must have financial need.|
|Palantir Future Scholarship||April 5th||Undergrad||Must be active, full time students that are freshman, sophomores, or juniors majoring STEM and are from an underrepresented racial/ethnic group in STEM.|
|Ronald McNair Scholars Program||April 6th||Undergrad||Still accepts applications past the deadline|
|UNM Ambassadors-The Pack Blog Abroad Scholarship||April 15th||Undergrad||Must be departing during Fall semester for study abroad and enrolled in approved UNM Study Abroad Program|
|Society of Petroleum Engineers-Gus Archie Scholarship Program||April 15th||Undergrad||Undergrad student in petroleum engineering or related field|
|Society of Petroleum Engineers- Henry DeWitt Smith Memorial Scholarship||April 15th||Graduate||Pursuing Master's or PhD in Petroleum Engineering or related field|
|BHW Scholarship||April 15th||Undergrad and Grad||Women who are pursuing an undergraduate or master's degree and are majoring in STEM during the 2020 school year.|
|American Society of Heating, Refridgerating and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Freshman Scholarship||May 1st||Undergrad||Award for sophomore year for pre-engineering or engineering student|
|American Society of Heating, Refridgerating and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) High School Senior Scholarship||May 1st||Undergrad||For full-time students in first year in college in pre-engineering, engineering, or engineering technology program|
|American Indian Graduate Center Wells Fargo Scholarship||May 1st||Undergrad||Full-time students attending accredited university|
|SWE Scholarships for Freshman||May 1st||Undergrad||Reference letters due May 8th.|
|UNM Parent Association Scholarship||May 3rd||Undergrad and grad|
Undergrads: Must be enrolled in 12 credit hours and have at least 2 semesters left before graduation.
Graduates: Must be enrolled full time, 9 credit hours or more or 6 hours in conjunction with an assistantship, Masters or Doctoral student with at least two full-time semesters remaining until graduation.
|NSF Graduate Research Internship Program (GRIP) at EPA||May 6th||Undergrad|
|UNITE Summer Program||May 10th||High School students (9th,10th, 11th)|
|Stephen Bufton Memorial Education Fund Scholarships||May 15th||Variety of scholarships||There are a variety of scholarships and guidelines. Apply as soon as possible! There are limited number of applicants.|
|AISES Scholarships||May 15th||Veriety of Scholarships|
|Hispanic Association of Colleges and University Scholarships||May 24th||Undergrad and Grad||Several scholarships available,m please look at the requirements for each award|
|New Mexico Engineering Foundation||May 31st||High School, Undergrad, and Grad||University scholarships are primarily offered in the spring and designated for students majoring in engineering, math, or science at a New Mexico college university.|
|Association of American Indian Affairs||July 1st||Undergrad and Grad||Must be enrolled in non-federally or federally recognized tribe|
|ABC Humane Wildlife Academic Scholarship||July 1st||Undergrad and Grad||Scholarship for women that must be studying or planning to study in STEM|
|Solar Scholarship||August 1st|
Open to NM residents who have successfully completed high school and have a diploma, GED certificate, or other completion award.
Applicants will need to submit a 300 word essay, resume, and have maximum of three letters of recommendation (not from family members)
|SMART Scholarship Portal Opens||August 1st||Undergrad and Grad|
|Ron Brown Scholarship Opens||August 1st||High School Senior||Must be Black/African American and high school senior at time of application.|
|Associated Builders and Contractors Build Your Future Scholarship||August 2nd||Undergrad and Grad||Applicants must be pursuing craft professional training in the construction industry through NCCER accredited or a state/federally approved apprenticeship program in a merit shop|
|International Peach Scholarship Fund||September 15th||Grad|
This date is the start of IPS accepting Eligibility forms.
This scholarship is for graduate students with a full-year of coursework left.
*Please note that there are several deadlines for this scholarship. Please reference the IPS timeline*
|Barry Goldwater Scholarship Opens||September 3rd||Sophomore or Junior||US Citizen or Permanent Resident with letter stating his/her intent to become a US Citizen.|
|NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program||October 21st (For Engineering)||Can be a current senior at time of application or completed a Bachelor's degree. See the guidelines before applying. (Fellowship program for Master's or Doctoral Degrees)||Must be a US Citizen, permanent resident, or national.|
|2021 Amelia Earhart Fellowship||November 15th, 2020||Graduate||For women pursuing Ph.D/Doctoral degrees in aerospace engineering and space sciences. Apply here.|
|Naval Research Enterprise Internship Program||November 30th, 2020||Undergrad and Grad||Must be enrolled full-time at an accredited college institution. High school students, taking college courses must apply to SEAP program instead.|
|STEM Undergraduate Research or Prep Scholarships (The New Mexico Alliance for Minority Participation)||December 3rd, 2020||Undergraduate||Must major in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM major). The National Science Foundation (NSF) sets the preference|
|NSF Graduate Research Internship (GRIP) at the EPA||December 4th, 2020||Grad||Internship|
|Generation Google Scholarship||December 4th, 2020 11:59pm (PT)||Undergrad and Grad|
Scholarship will award $10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada).
|Ford Fellowship Dissertation and Postdoctoral Fellowship||December 10th, 2020 5pm (EST)||Grad||Fellowship, Notification of award will be given Mid-late March 2021|
|Ford Fellowship Predoctoral Fellowship||December 17th, 2020 5PM (EST)||Grad||Fellowship, Notification of award will be given Mid-late March 2021|
|Novus Biological Scholarship Program|
December 10th, 2020
|Undergrad and Grad||Scholarship is also open to DACA students and undocumented students.|
|R&D Systems Scholarship||December 10th, 2020 12pm (MST)||Undergrad and Grad||Scholarship is also open to DACA students and undocumented students.|
|Tandon Faculty First look Fellowship||December 15th, 2020||Grad||Eligible participants include doctoral degree candidates and post-doctoral fellows. Women and applicants of African-American, Latinx, American Indian, or Alaskan Native descent and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.|
|Ford Foundation Fellowship Program||December 17th, 2020 4PM (EST)||Grad||Fellowship open to all citizens, US nationals, and permanent residents of the US, as well as DACA students.|
*More scholarships for undocumented and DACA students*
General Scholarship Offered Year-Round
|American Indian Science and Engineering Society General Scholarship Application||Undergrad||Must be an AISES member. Matches students with eligible scholarships|
|Research Initiation Grant||Grad|