Current Project Opportunities
The following are a list of the projects currently available for students. The list is constantly updating as we grow the program and community partner needs shift.
Do you have a project in mind? Have an organization you want to work with to make a project happen?
Let us know! We can help you make this happen. (Additional examples of what is possible can be see at the well-established Purdue EPICS Teams page.)
What to see what projects our students have engaged in in the past? Check out our page dedicated to that information HERE.
Spring 2023 Projects
- Explora - Science Center and Children's Museum - Science Outreach:
- Type of Organization: Not-for-profit
- Mission: Explora's mission is to create opportunities for inspirational discovery and the joy of lifelong learning through interactive experiences in science, technology, and art.
- Population Served: Focus on minority groups, open to the public
- This project most closely aligns with Computer Science, as well as Computer, Construction, and Mechanical Engineering.
- Potential Project: Developing and facilitating real-world engineering and other STEM-based activities for families at Title I schools in Albuquerque.
- Project work location: Albuquerque and surrounding areas
- "How do you see this (these) project(s) fulfilling the 'help address human, community, and environmental needs' aspect of EPCIS @ UNM?": The project will help families and students see how STEM applies to their everyday lives, inspire curiosity to learn more about STEM careers, and see themselves as STEMists.